Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recipe #4

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! The weather has been great and I'm enjoying getting outside as well as opening the windows up in the house and letting in the fresh air. I'm hoping to soak as much of the good weather up as I can before it turns cold.

Today's recipe is super simple


1 whole wheat tortilla
2 tbsp peanut butter (all natural if you have it)
1 tsp honey
sliced bananas or apples
raisins

I heat up the tortilla in the microwave for about 10 seconds just to make it a little more pliable but that isn't necessary. Smear the peanut butter on the tortilla, top with sliced bananas or apples, sprinkle on some raisins, drizzle with honey, and your done! It's easy. In the time it takes to make toast, you have a breakfast, lunch, or snack that has protein from the peanut butter, potassium, Vitamin C, B vitamins, iron, and even calcium from bananas and raisins. The honey adds a great sweetness and flavor without adding any fat. This is something that you can make and take with you if you are hurrying out the door in the morning or pack for the kids in their lunch as a substitute to a sandwich.

Well, I'm off to go enjoy the weather and the rest of my day. I hope you find this simple recipe for a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack useful and delicious.

No comments: